Assalamu alaykum, IMAN Edo State held its OGM on Sunday 31st January in Auchi. It was both physical and virtual via zoom.
The meeting was preceded by a Courtesy call on the Otaru of Auchi who donated N500,000 to the association while urging it to engage government on the lack of health personnel in government hospitals and lauded our humanitarian activities.
Edo State IMAN was represented by the Coordinator Edo Central in the last National AGM that held in Dutse, Jigawa State in December 2020 during which a new National exco was inaugurated with Professor Ibrahim Oreagba from Lagos as National Amir.
Edo North presented their activities for the year and paid N20,000 as dues.
Edo Central announced the commencement of IMAN Cooperative as well as other activities and paid N25,000 as dues.
Edo South said they were trying to reorganise and paid N0 as dues.
1. Edo South IMAN should work harder and ensure dues are paid. They should pay a Courtesy call on The Chairman, Edo State Muslim Pilgrim Board and the Chief Imam of Benin on behalf of IMAN Edo State
2. Edo Central IMAN should continue its good work and consolidate on its Cooperative while other chapters should start cooperatives too.
3. Edo North IMAN should pay a courtesy call on the Rector of Auchi Polytechnic and the Aidonogie of South Ibie on behalf of IMAN Edo State.
4. The previous exco should reactivate the IMAN Edo State account that is dormant and effect change of signatories to the current exco.
5. The various chapters should regularly update the State Executive Committee of their activities.
6. All chapters should begin preparations to attend the next National AGM coming up in Kano later this year.
7. Next meeting shall be hosted by Edo Central in May, insha Allah.